Saturday, February 8, 2014

Infogr.am for Infographics

I woke up early this morning and realized that I wrote my last blog entry about the article I read, but I forgot to talk about the program that I used to create my infographic! I used infogr.am, and I loved this site! It was very user friendly and gave me lots of options to make my infographic fit my needs and style.

When you first begin you can choose between lots of color options:



Since I was reading an article with lots of facts and figures, I used the charts feature to portray my findings. You can choose between bar graphs, pie graphs, line graphs, pictoral representations, tables, treeemaps, and more! I tried to use several options in my infographic to show examples.




Once you add a chart a graph, there is a table for you to enter your data and several settings to adjust the size, titles, axis names, etc.

 

You can add a map as well and enter data to be reflected on the map:




There are several option to add text to your infographic as well:

 

You can also add photos from your computer drive or videos from Vimeo or YouTube:




Infogr.am gave me lots of options, and I will definitely be experimenting with it further and hope to use it in my classroom and library. I had never heard of infographic before, but I have really enjoyed getting to know the sites that allow you to create them. It makes it easy for the non-creative type (like me!) look organized and creative! Love it!

Here is the link to my infographic again: https://infogr.am/teens-and-technology---2013?src=web

No comments:

Post a Comment