Here is the screencast that I made using Screencast-o-matic...
This
site is great, and it is really easy to use! It is web-based, so there
is no download necessary. You just go to the site, click record, it will
give you a count down after you select your screen size, and you go
from there. Once you stop recording it gives you the option to save the
video to your files, which is what I did. Easy! I think this would be a
great tool to use as a teacher or librarian to show screencasts to your
kids on how to do an assignment or any online assignment. Especially if
you are going to be absent and want to leave them instructions. I can
see a librarian using this tool to post videos on the website for all
students to access. Great tool!
This next video I created using Jing...
I really liked this program as well! The main difference was that you had to download Jing to your computer, but it was the fastest download ever, and I had no complications. Jing was also easy to use, and you can use it to not only capture video but images as well...like screen shots I guess. I honestly am not sure which tool I prefer, but I will say for the classroom Screencast-o-matic may be better, simply because the students wouldn't have to go through the download process. Other than that, I think these two tools are equally user friendly and wonderful for their purpose. I am excited to see what all I can do with these tools.
***Added note: After writing the above paragraph, I had a horrible time trying to get the Jing video to attach. It saves as a .swf file, and apparently blogger doesn't like that??? So, I can't do it either. I will attach the video to my blackboard submission and see if that works.
Again, I apologize that I could not create a screencast using Screenr (or Jing), and I hope that they get this issue resolved so that I can try it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment